Child Care Services
The Child Care Services Bureau (CCSB) administers the Child Care Assistance, Child Care Licensing and Registered Child Care Home programs. In collaboration with CYFD’s Office of Child Development and Family Nutrition Bureau, the Child Care Services Bureau plans and coordinates quality child care services (including training, technical assistance, health and safety and monitoring) and works to build child care capacity statewide. More information on these programs can be found at www.NewMexicoKids.org.
- For more information on Child Care Assistance, contact your regional Child Care Assistance office, or call Early Childhood Services at (505) 827-7499 or 1-800-832-1321 or by email at email@example.com.
- For information on Child Care Licensing, contact your regional Child Care Licensing office, or call Early Childhood Services at (505) 827-7499 or 1-800-832-1321 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD) will hold two formal public hearings to propose regulation changes.
The first public hearing will be held on Thursday, August 29, 2019, at 10:00 am. CYFD is proposing changes to the following regulations:
- 8.8.3 NMAC – Social Services - Children, Youth and Families General Provisions, Governing Background Checks and Employment History Verification
- 8.16.2 NMAC – Child Care Licensing, Child Care Centers, Out of School Time Programs, Family Child Care Homes, and other Early Care and Education Programs
- 8.17.2 NMAC – Social Services – Non-Licensed Child Care, Requirements Governing Registration of Non-Licensed Family Child Care Homes
The second public hearing will be held on Friday, August 30, 2019, at 10:00 am. CYFD is proposing changes to the following regulations:
- Amended - 8.15.2 NMAC - Requirements for Child Care Assistance Programs for Clients and Child Care Providers
Click here to view the proposed regulation changes, Notice of Rulemaking and Public Rule Hearing and any written comments received by Children, Youth and Families Department.
- To review Child Care Licensed and Registered Provider Surveys, click here.