To Report Child Abuse and Neglect in New Mexico
1-855-333-SAFE (7233) or #SAFE from your cell phone
Youth may text Reach NM at 505-591-9444 to report suspected abuse or neglect or be connected with resources and support. Learn more (PDF)
CYFD Statewide Phone Directory (as of June 2022)
Handles child abuse and neglect investigations, foster care and adoption, and statewide domestic violence programs.
|To locate your local Child Protective Services office, click here.|
|Foster care and adoptions hotline||(800) 432-2075|
|Early Childhood Services is now part of the Early Childhood Education & Care Department: NMECECD.org
Includes child care assistance, child care referral, child care licensing, home visiting, and PreK.
|PullTogether hotline for info on child care options in your area||(800) 691-9067|
|To locate your local Child Care Services Bureau for info on child care assistance, click here.|
|Juvenile Justice Services
In charge of secure and reintegration facilities for juvenile offenders, probation and aftercare, and transition services.
|Behavioral Health Services
Supports statewide behavioral health services for infants, toddlers, children, adolescents and transition-age youth.
|Behavioral Health Licensing and Certification Authority||(505) 827-9932|
|Statewide crisis and access hotline||(855) NMCRISIS
|CYFD Job Opportunities and Recruitment
For information on employment opportunities within CYFD, call (505) 629-9883, or send an e-mail to HR.Recruitment@state.nm.us.
|CYFD General Human Resource Inquiries
For General HR inquiries, including employment verifications, call (505) 570-7328, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance or questions about CYFD's programs and services, or send an e-mail to CYFD.ConstituentAffairs@state.nm.us. Need more information? Click here.
|Other Key Areas of Contact|
|Office of the Secretary||(505) 827-7613|
|Office of the General Counsel||(505) 476-0471|
|Office of the Inspector General||(505) 469-1873|
|HIPAA Privacy Office||(505) 827-6412|
|Administrative Services||(505) 827-8069|
|Public Information Officer/Media Inquiries||
|CYFD Statewide Phone Directory (as of April 2022)|
|New Mexico State Government Telephone Directory|
Records requests of the Children, Youth and Families Department should be sent to Kathleen Hardy.
While we will endeavor to ensure that inquiries sent by regular mail are responded to timely, to ensure the most expedient handling during the COVID-19 period, please email to email@example.com.
If you are unable to email your request, it can be sent by regular mail to:
Children Youth and Families Department
P.O. Drawer 5160
Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160
Be advised that, due to the COVID-19 health and safety directives, processing of requests submitted by regular mail may be delayed.
- For juvenile justice records requests, print and complete this form and return it to Kathleen Hardy.
- For protective services records requests, print and complete this form and return it to Kathleen Hardy.
- For public records requests, please submit a written request to Kathleen Hardy that includes the following information:
-- Your name
-- Your contact information (including mailing address and phone number)
-- A description of records you're requesting
- For more information on the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act, please visit the compliance guide at the Office of the Attorney General.
- To request an Adam Walsh abuse/neglect check for prospective foster / adoptive parents only, click here for instructions, or complete this form and submit the notarized original to CYFD Protective Services, CRC Unit Room 225, PO Drawer 5160, Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160. Questions about these requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call (505) 827-8400.