To Report Child Abuse and Neglect in New Mexico
1-855-333-SAFE (7233) or #SAFE from your cell phone
Handles child abuse and neglect investigations, foster care and adoption, and statewide domestic violence programs.
|To locate your local Child Protective Services office, click here.|
|Foster care and adoptions hotline||(800) 432-2075|
|Early Childhood Services
Includes child care assistance, child care referral, child care licensing, home visiting, and PreK.
|PullTogether hotline for info on child care options in your area||(800) 691-9067|
|To locate your local Child Care Services Bureau for info on child care assistance, click here.|
|Juvenile Justice Services
In charge of secure and reintegration facilities for juvenile offenders, probation and aftercare, and transition services.
|Behavioral Health Services
Supports statewide behavioral health services for infants, toddlers, children, adolescents and transition-age youth.
|Behavioral Health Licensing and Certification Authority||(505) 827-9932|
|Statewide crisis and access hotline||(855) NMCRISIS
|CYFD Jobs Hotline / Human Resources
For information on employment opportunities within CYFD.
|Employee recruitment for jobs within Juvenile Justice Services facilities||(505) 476-7759|
For assistance or questions about CYFD's programs and services.
|Other Key Areas of Contact|
|Office of the Secretary||(505) 827-7602|
|Office of the General Counsel||(505) 476-0471|
|Office of the Inspector General||(505) 695-5839|
|HIPAA Privacy Office||(505) 827-6412|
|Public Information Officer/Media Inquiries (email)||(505) 470-3790|
|Administrative Services||(505) 827-8069|
|CYFD Statewide Phone Directory (as of January 2019)|
|New Mexico State Government Telephone Directory|
Records requests of the Children, Youth and Families Department should be sent to:
Public Records Custodian
Attn: Kathleen Hardy
P.O. Drawer 5160
Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160
- For juvenile justice records requests, print and complete this form and return it to Kathleen Hardy.
- For protective services records requests, print and complete this form and return it to Kathleen Hardy.
- For public records requests, please submit a written request to Kathleen Hardy that includes the following information:
-- Your name
-- Your contact information (including mailing address and phone number)
-- A description of records you're requesting
- For more information on the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act, please visit the compliance guide at the Office of the Attorney General.
- To request an Adam Walsh abuse/neglect check for prospective foster / adoptive parents only, click here for instructions, or complete this form and submit the notarized original to CYFD Protective Services, CRC Unit Room 225, PO Drawer 5160, Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160. Questions about these requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call (505) 827-8400.
For comments, questions or concerns regarding this web site, please email: