To Report Child Abuse and Neglect in New Mexico
1-855-333-SAFE (7233) or #SAFE from your cell phone
Handles child abuse and neglect investigations, foster care and adoption, and statewide domestic violence programs.
|To locate your local Child Protective Services office, click here.|
|Foster care and adoptions hotline||(800) 432-2075|
|Early Childhood Services
Includes child care assistance, child care referral, child care licensing, home visiting, and PreK.
|PullTogether hotline for info on child care options in your area||(800) 691-9067|
|To locate your local Child Care Services Bureau for info on child care assistance, click here.|
|Juvenile Justice Services
In charge of secure and reintegration facilities for juvenile offenders, probation and aftercare, and transition services.
|Behavioral Health Services
Supports statewide behavioral health services for infants, toddlers, children, adolescents and transition-age youth.
|Behavioral Health Licensing and Certification Authority||(505) 827-9932|
|Statewide crisis and access hotline||(855) NMCRISIS
|CYFD Jobs Hotline / Human Resources
For information on employment opportunities within CYFD.
|Employee recruitment for jobs within Juvenile Justice Services facilities||(505) 841-2996|
For assistance or questions about CYFD's programs and services.
|Other Key Areas of Contact|
|Office of the Secretary||(505) 827-7613|
|Office of the General Counsel||(505) 476-0471|
|Office of the Inspector General||(505) 695-5839|
|HIPAA Privacy Office||(505) 827-6412|
|Public Information Officer/Media Inquiries (email)||(505) 470-3790|
|Administrative Services||(505) 827-8069|
|CYFD Statewide Phone Directory (as of July 2016)|
|New Mexico State Government Telephone Directory|
Records requests of the Children, Youth and Families Department should be sent to:
Public Records Custodian
Attn: Kathleen Hardy
P.O. Drawer 5160
Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160
- For juvenile justice records requests, print and complete this form and return it to Kathleen Hardy.
- For protective services records requests, print and complete this form and return it to Kathleen Hardy.
- For public records requests, please submit a written request to Kathleen Hardy that includes the following information:
-- Your name
-- Your contact information (including mailing address and phone number)
-- A description of records you're requesting
- For more information on the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act, please visit the compliance guide at the Office of the Attorney General.
- To request an Adam Walsh abuse/neglect check, complete this form and submit the notarized original to CYFD Protective Services, CRC Unit Room 225, PO Drawer 5160, Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160. Questions about these requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call (505) 827-8400.
For comments, questions or concerns regarding this web site, please email: