Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee
The Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee (JJAC) is appointed by the Governor and is advisory to CYFD (Children Youth and Families Department), the Governor and the Legislature. The JJAC advocates for the prevention of delinquency, alternatives to secure detention, improvement of the juvenile justice system and the development of a continuum of graduated sanctions for juveniles in local communities. The JJAC allocates federal and state grant funds to communities in New Mexico for these purposes.
Twenty regional Juvenile Justice Continuum Boards have been developed in communities across the state to address the goals of the state advisory group, JJAC. Regional Juvenile Justice Continuum Boards:
- Analyze local trends that put youth at risk
- Assess community resource gaps that effect youth and families
- Build partnerships with key community leaders that positively impact policy regarding youth
- Fund programming that directly impacts the concerns and issues facing our youth
- Involve community leaders and experts to address youth and family issues
For more information on the Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee, please call (505) 309-2905.
Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee Board Meeting:
|Date:||April 19, 2018|
|Location:||Raton, New Mexico|
|Venue:||Raton Convention Center|
|Address:||901 South 3rd Street, Raton, NM 87740|